July 05, 2015

Afternoon Tea at Teltown House

Anyone who is a regular reader of the blog will know that I LOVE a good afternoon tea. So I was quick to offer to go to Teltown House to attend their Coole Swan Afternoon Tea for the Boyne Valley Food Series. One of the things I love most about the food series is discovering places that I never would have known existed except for this initiative.



Teltown House B&B is a 17th century country house overlooking the River Blackwater. It was a beautiful location for afternoon tea made even nicer by the fact that we were outside in a marquee. It was a packed, family friendly event which was fantastic for us as we brought the sproglet along. Her first afternoon tea at two weeks old, definitely starting her off on the right track!

First up was a demonstration by Shane from Fallon & Byrne who showed us how to use Coole Swan a number of ways to create delicious easy summer recipes. One quick thing I will doing on a regular basis is adding Coole Swan to cream. It gives a lovely twist to a dish that people might not expect.

Next up was the afternoon feast and I use the word feast as the food did not stop coming! We were treated to sandwiches, scones, tons of different cakes and to top it all off there was strawberries with Coole Swan cream. 

The event finished off with a bit of a singsong and a lovely Irish dancing demo by one of the very talented granddaughters of the owner of Teltown House. The whole event had a great community feel to it and was a perfect way to spend a Sunday. Well done to everyone involved in organising it. 

Disclaimer: I am an official blogger for the Boyne Valley Food Series 2015. I was invited to attend this event and did so for free. All reviews and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment