After two weeks holidays, way too much turkey and a fight with my clothes this morning it's back to reality with a bang. I always look forward to the New Year and all the promise and potential it holds. You never know what each year is going to bring and last year was filled with a few unexpected surprises both good and bad but that's what makes it fun!
2013 though was a fantastic year for food. There were lots of new cookbooks to read, restaurants to try and great new products to sample. BBQ finally came to Dublin with the arrival of Bison and Pitt Bros while it became easier to find good sushi with the opening of OCHA and Zakura. 2013 ended with a fantastic meal in Forest Avenue which has really set the bar high or 2014!
So here's to a wonderful 2014 may it be a year to make your dreams come true.
And to kick off 2014 in style and to cheer us all up on what is apparently the most hated day of the year here's a little competition for you all. Up for grabs is a bundle of cookbooks including Rachel's Favourite Food at Home, Masterchef Everyday, Relish BBQ and eatTweet - A Twitter Cookbook. Hopefully it will provide someone with the inspiration needed to get cooking this year.
How to enter?
- Simply leave a comment on the blog post telling me the one thing you would like to achieve in 2014. This one is mandatory and please only do it once!
- For extra entries like The Purple Page on Facebook and follow on Twitter and RT.
- The winner will be selected randomly and announced here on the blog in two weeks time.
- The competition is open to entrants in Ireland and the UK
- Please do not leave anonymous comments as I would like to be able to contact you if you win!