July 24, 2014

Boyne Valley Food Series: July Events

The Boyne Valley Food Series aims to highlight Meath and Louth's rich selection of artisan producers, small food businesses and restaurants over five months from May till September. The food series kicked off in May with a great array of events. In May I attended the BrĂș Brewery Tour and the Sheridan's Food Festival. In June I visited the first ever Taste of Meath at Oldbridge House, the Irish Maritime Festival and went on the Meath Food Safari. So far all the events have been very well organised, informative and, above all, great craic. 





So I know July is half over and I had planned to get this out before I went on holidays but my packing got the better of me! There is still loads happening over the next two weeks and for me one of the highlights will be the Slane Slap Up Weekend. From Wednesday to Sunday loads of events will be happening up in Slane from Texas hoedowns, farmers' markets and monster BBQs. There are also BBQ nights every Wednesday at the Forge in Carnaross.

I am only delighted that I have Thursday off so I will be up to visit the Slane Farmers Market at Rock Farm first thing. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment