May 08, 2013

A Taste of Leinster

Not many food events take place on the northside of the city, maybe I’m missing something, but they seemed largely confined to the southside or outside Dublin. So it was with delight that I noticed that the inaugural ‘A Taste of Leinster’ will take place near Finglas, in the Charlestown Shopping Centre on the 18th & 19th May. It’s also part of my daily commute home so I am very happy about not having to travel too far to visit this one! 

Over 70 businesses are exhibiting at 'A Taste of Leinster' with a wide variety of products from around the county including some of my favourites such as Burke’s Icecream, Bellingham Blue Cheesethe Foods of Athenry and The Pieman who I recently discovered in the Honest2Goodness Market in Glasnevin. There will also be cookery demonstrations by Clodagh McKenna, Liz Moore and Rory Morahan throughout the weekend. 

There doesn’t seem to be a firm schedule as of yet except for Clodagh McKenna’s demonstration at 2pm on the Saturday but you can follow them on Facebook & Twitter for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment