September 09, 2014

Boyne Valley Food Series - September Events

The Boyne Valley Food Series is nearing its end and while I am sad to see summer go the prospect of autumn fills me with joy. The countryside will look more beautiful than ever and autumn is such a wonderful time to celebrate what the land provides us with. The closing events of the Boyne Valley Food Series reflect this.



The Russell in Navan are holding a festival of Irish Tapas which is a week long celebration of Irish food with a different, unique event on each night. Check out their Facebook page for a detailed breakdown. Coole Swan are hosting a 'How to hold an Afternoon Tea' in Teltown House which sounds right up my street! The final event of the Boyne Valley Food Series is the Taste of Togher which is a local festival celebrating the fruit of the sea and local suppliers.

This year's Boyne Valley Food Series was fantastic and offered a truly varied range of events. There was something of interest to everyone and I think the series really helped to showcase what Meath and Louth have to offer. The organisers really built on last year's one and I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for the summer of 2015. Well done to everyone involved in making it happen.
 
Over the last few months I have gotten to discover a lot more of my home county and it's neighbour thanks to the food series. Check out some of the my previous posts to see what they were all about - BrĂș Brewery Tour, Taste of Meath, Irish Maritime Festival and Girley Bog.

No comments:

Post a Comment