Well, the girls @EventmamaHQ love a drink as much as the next gal but they also love their tea and treats. When it comes to tea, cakes and chats, they claim they literally cannot get enough!
With that in mind, they have come up with Eventmama’s 12 Cups of Christmas #12cupsxmas. They have set up a route with some fantastic locations across Dublin, chock full of some of their favourite cafes. In fact, they came up with too many great places so a few honorary mentions are below as well!
The 12 Cups of Christmas route:
- Wall & Keogh, 45 Richmond Street South, Dublin 2 @WallandKeoghTea Facebook: Wall and Keogh Tea
- The Cake Café, 8 Pleasants Place, Dublin 2 @CakeCafeDublin Facebook: The Cake Café
- Bibi’s Café, 14b Emorville Avenue, Dublin 8 @bibiscafe Facebook: Bibi’s Café
- Fumbally Café, Fumbally Lane, Dublin 8 #FumballyCafe
- Peacock Green, 13 Lord Edward Street, Dublin 2 Facebook: Peacock Green
- Queen of Tarts, Cow’s Lane, Dame Street, Dublin 2 @QueenOfTartsDub Facebook: Queen of Tarts
- Joy of Cha, 10 East Essex Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 @Joyofcha Facebook: The Joy of Cha
- Brother Hubbard, 153 Capel Street, Dublin 1 @brother_hubbard Facebook: Brother Hubbard
- Paris Bakery, 18-19 Moore Street, Dublin 1 @ParisBakeryDub Facebook: Paris Bakery and Pastry
- The Bakehouse, 6 Bachelor’s Walk, Dublin 1 @BakehouseIRL Facebook: The Bakehouse
- Clement & Pekoe, 50 South William Street, Dublin 2 @ClementandPekoe Facebook: Clement & Pekoe
- Accents Lounge, 23 Stephen Street Lower, Dublin @accentslounge Facebook: Accents Coffee & Tea Lounge
Their Most Honourable Mentions: Little Cafe, Birdcage Bakery, Tea Garden, Bewley’s Café, Oolong Flower Power Tea Shop.
And most importantly, The Rules.
- Upon entering each establishment, the brand of tea being used must be commented on.
- A mince piesmust be consumed by each attendee at least once. No ifs, ands or buts.
- Coffee is not allowed. However, hot chocolate is acceptable.
- We must argue over who pays the bill in at least six establishments.
- The phrase “Sure, that’s a grand cup of tea” must be said at each establishment.
Eventmama will be embarking on their own 12 Cups of Christmas adventure, and they are inviting you to partake in your own 12 Cups of Christmas as well! They will be tweeting and checking in on Facebook to let you know how they are getting on. Go on, go on, go on, you know you what to join in the fun! And sure while you're at it let them know when you’re on your #12cupsXmas. Bring on the tay!